He’s trying to undermine it right now.
As Politico’s Paul Demko first reported on Thursday evening, the Department of Health and Human Services has cancelled a final burst of television and radio advertising designed to encourage people to sign up for Obamacare insurance plans.
The Obama administration had arranged for the ads, and paid for them, before leaving office. A senior HHS communications adviser, who declined to give his name, said the Trump administration decided to stop the advertising for the sake of efficiency, and to save on the $5 million that the campaign would have cost.
“We aren’t going to continue spending millions of taxpayers’ dollars promoting a failed government program,” the HHS official said. “Once an assessment was made, we pulled back the most expensive and least efficient part of this massive ad campaign, which was set to run over the weekend. Those costs savings will be returned to the U.S. Treasury.”
Demko’s story reported that HHS was also halting other efforts, as well, including direct emails and automatic phone calls to individuals who had previously registered at Healthcare.gov (the government’s website for buying insurance) and had yet to get coverage.
But some outreach emails went out on Friday anyway, and it wasn’t clear whether the Trump administration had always intended to continue the email effort, whether administration officials had changed their minds, or whether the Friday emails were the result of some kind of administrative error.
(The unnamed HHS official told The Huffington Post that email and automatic phone calls were among the outreach tools that “remained available” to the agency, but he would not clarify exactly what that meant.)"
rest at https://goo.gl/YD0NwO